Working for Age Exchange
Administrator (Carers and dementia services)
Accountable to: Project coordinator dementia services
Salary: London living wage £10.85 per hour
Location: Age Exchange, 11 Blackheath Village, London SE3 9LA
Deadline: 5pm on 10 January
About the role
Age Exchange runs programmes to support carers of older people and people with dementia and use creative reminiscence to improve well-being. Delivering national projects in intergenerational arts and theatre, they have created a ground-breaking dementia intervention and their carers and dementia support service provides activity groups and 1:1 support five days a week, with over 100 a people a week accessing their services for vital support.
Age Exchange are looking for an Administrator to support their dementia and carers support services. The role will enable groups to run effectively, ensuring information on the use of the service and its effectiveness is available for reporting and continuous improvement.
- Management of service user information including updating of our CRM system
- Maintaining and producing attendance registers
- Collation of statistics for reporting to funders
- Coordination and collation of evaluation of services
- Purchasing and coordination of materials
- Booking of project workers
- Reviewing of all project worker reports
- General administrative support for the Board of Trustees - minute taking, collation and distribution of papers etc.
- Providing support to projects & events as requested.
The key skills and experience we are looking for are as follows:
- High standard of computer literacy (Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook and the Internet).
- Able to demonstrate an organised approach to work
- A good standard of literacy and numeracy skills (equivalent to GCSE English and Maths)
- Good communication skills both written and oral
- Experience of collating statistics and keeping records
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise own workload
Working for us
What is ‘the deal’ for you?
- Flexibility! Age Exchange are offering between 16-20 hours per week on a flexible basis.
Following a successful training/induction period, which will be based in the Blackheath office, there will be flexibility offered around hybrid working arrangements (combination on home & office work).
- Competitive Salary: London Living Wage - £10.85 per hour
- Pension: contributory pension scheme
- Benefits: 25 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Best Lives Possible: You'll be working for an organisation with 30 years experience of improving the lives of people with Dementia, and who are part of a partnership with akn award winning, national care charity. Age Exchange and Community Integrated Care are pursuing a bold vision of expansion with a target of opening four more Age Exchange hubs by 2023.
- Development: We'll work with you to develop your career or to learn and experience new things. Age Exchange are passionate about developing our people!
- Support: From our Employee Assistance Programme (available 24/7), financial support options, and wellbeing fund you'll have the support available to lead an easier (financial) life.