Getting involved with Age Exchange has long been a popular choice for students, parents and retired people alike.
We are a diverse organisation that achieves a lot in a variety of fields, not just the visible activities like the café or the library, but also arts projects and specialist work with older people. Opportunities include:
Community Hub Roles (Duke of Edinburgh placements welcome)
- Cafe - food preparation, serving and sales
- Library - basic librarianship (training provided)
- Information Desk - welcoming visitors, signposting and some basic administration
Group work and Projects
- Helping to facilitate Caring Together groups at our centre
- Helping to facilitate with individual projects including oral history projects, theatrical productions and events
Interested? Please complete the form below and we shall be in touch. Thank you
Duke of Edinburgh
We accept DofE Award Scheme candidates in the Exchange cafe. You may wish to complete part of your placement in the library.
Our cafe volunteers are all ages, from their teens to their 80's. Do you have 3 hours a week to spare? Perhaps you're looking for experience in customer service or catering? Enjoy arranging, cleaning and beautifying our vintage-themed cafe, processing transactions, or handling stock.
Blackheath Village Community Library is a small and intimate space where volunteers have the opportunity to become Library Supervisors.
Group and project work
Supporting one of our community groups, helping to facilitate Friends’ of Age Exchange events, or lending your skills to external projects as they are advertised on the site.