- This event has passed.
Age Exchange Day Care Service
April 17 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:00am on Tuesday, repeating indefinitely
This is a day care service for older people who live with dementia and their carers, in the boroughs of Lewisham, Greenwich and Southwark. Age Exchange day care is free of charge and is designed to engage both carer and cared for in meaningful, sensory activity; music, movement, craft, and reminiscence.
This service offers:
- Weekly day care services held at two locations; Age Exchange and Conrad Court
- One-to-one sessions for those who have difficulty leaving their homes
- A programme of reminiscence arts activity based on the succesful RADIQL™ method designed to maintain health & wellbeing
- Support from Reminiscence Arts Practitioners and Age Exchange volunteers
- A nutritional lunch with respect of your dietary needs
Age Exchange as a charity has long sustained a deep commitment to supporting creativity in later life. the ambition of RADIQL™ reflects the charity’s commitment to social justice, community cohesion and individual wellbeing
-Royal Holloway University of London, December 2015